Job no: 495041
Work type: Casual / Temp, Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Boardroom Waiter to join our Catering team in Perth.
Our Corporate Catering team prepare a variety of innovative, on-trend food items to enhance the experience of our clients. Our team can accommodate a number of clients events, from a formal breakfast, lunch and dinner to canapés for cocktail events and corporate seminars.
The Boardroom Waiter is responsible for supporting the Catering team by:
- Providing a professional high end corporate wait service for all boardroom bookings and events;
- Providing exceptional customer service for our clients;
- Ensure all boardrooms are professionally presented, clean and replenished for client arrival time, and promptly cleared and refreshed at the conclusion of an event or meeting;
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workspace including regular cleaning of coffee machines, stocking dishes and ensuring service items are undamaged and suitable for service;
- Monitoring stock levels of all consumables and service items in the kitchen and boardrooms;
- Training agency staff when required; and
- Assisting the team by performing basic administration tasks
The successful candidate will have experience delivering exceptional customer service in a busy and professional hospitality environments. Experience in high-end restaurants or hotels or a Corporate catering team is highly advantageous. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent presentation and strong communication skills;
- The ability to be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise and multitask;
- The ability to work well under pressure;
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol certification; and
- Previous barista experience and knowledge of local and international food and wine varieties is highly desired.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion, phone Alexandra Vassilevski, Resourcing Adviser, on 02 9230 4711.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend