Product Analyst/Developer (Melbourne/Sydney)
Job no: 495047
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are looking for a Product Analyst/Developer to join our Legal Product Lab. In this role, you will contribute to the delivery of initiatives in line with our product development and innovation strategy. This is a fantastic & highly sought after opportunity if you have a passion for all things Development and want to create a real career for yourself in the industry.
The Legal Product Lab sits within our Innovation and Digital Solutions group and sits at the heart of the innovation and digital strategy for the firm. We operate in a collaborative way, engaging experts from across the firm to work with us on our initiatives. These experts regularly include our partners and lawyers, and individuals from our marketing, pricing, core IT and knowledge services teams.
As a Product Analyst/Developer in our Legal Product Lab, you will:
- Build web and mobile applications in the OutSystems low code development platform.
- Create lightweight prototypes and experiments to prove the value of a potential idea.
- Contribute to the solution design process for new ideas.
- Process map existing processes and work with the relevant teams to identify improvements.
- Contribute to ongoing risk assessments of our solutions.
- Assist in running idea generation activities with our lawyers.
- Contribute to training videos and user guides for the solutions that we build.
- Conduct market scans of technology to solve specific pain points.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in application development. This can be in a specific coding language and/or with a low code development platform such as OutSystems, Mendix, Appian etc.
- Experience in Web Applications, HTML and CSS
- Experience in APIs and Software Integrations
- Experience in Database Systems
- Expert-level Excel / Access skills for data manipulation.
- A proven problem-solving capability.
- An understanding of the application development lifecycle and exposure to product planning / roadmaps.
- Awareness of risks associated with development, in particular application security and the handling of data.
- High degree of adaptability and an ability to work across a range of different initiatives simultaneously.
- To be commercially astute with an ability to determine and report on the value of solutions.
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to the design and build process.
- To have gained exposure to engaging stakeholders on the different stages of the product lifecycle including inception, feasibility/viability assessments, process mapping, prototyping, experimentation and requirements gathering.
- To have an interest or keep up to date with emerging trends in the tech industry and have a real appetite to learn.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Not only will you be joining the hub of innovation at Allens, you will also have an opportunity to develop your expertise in a niche market where you will gain exposure to interesting and diverse work. In addition to this, our firm wide benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more about Allens head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion, email Rebecca Lyness, Senior Resourcing Consultant on +61 2 9230 4616
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend