Senior Legal Secretary / Practice Executive (Corporate, Sydney)
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
You'll be a part of our Practice Support team and work with Partners and senior legal operatives in the Corporate practice group in our Sydney office.
At Allens, our structure means you'll work directly with operatives to provide high quality, proactive business support and play a key role in assisting senior legal operatives to manage the financial aspects of their practice, including client reporting.
As a Practice Executive, you will:
- Ensure senior operatives are provided with practice and client management support including, but not limited to, financial support, diary management, expense management, document management and Learning Management System (LMS) administration.
- Understand and manage administrative client requirements to ensure consistent client service delivery across matter teams.
- Understand the commercial drivers of a legal practice, interpret data and apply client knowledge when supporting partners with practice management.
- Manage all administrative duties associated with the financials of a matter including, but not limited to, billing, e-billing audits, tracking of non-dispatched bills, missing timesheets, cost estimates and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with members within and outside of the Practice Support team to ensure a high quality of work and standards of services are delivered to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to others and be a source of information on drafting, producing documents and practice management process and procedures.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- Ideally five years' experience in a similar role within a law firm (we are also open to finance, accounting or other professional services firms)
- Strong written communication skills and keen attention to detail, with the ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to thrive in an environment of continuous change working with challenging clients or stakeholders.
- A high degree of initiative, proactivity and problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks/projects and deliver innovative solutions to improve systems and work practices.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to respectfully manage upwards with stakeholders.
- A desire to learn, grow, network and mentor others
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion email Jen Dobbie, Talent Acquisition Adviser at email@example.com.