Practice Assistant (Sydney)
Job no: 495066
Work type: Permanent - Full time, Permanent - Part time
Practice Assistant (Sydney)
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
You'll be a part of our Practice Support team and work closely with legal operatives and Practice Executives to provide administrative and operational assistance across a diverse range of tasks in our Sydney office.
At Allens, our structure means you'll work as part of our Central Support Team to action business critical administrative based tasks sent through from legal operatives and Practice Executives.
As a Practice Assistant, you will:
- Provide operational support to legal operatives within the firm, adapting to the changing needs of the role and the business.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, generating reports, expense management, document amendments and document management (including printing, filing and archiving).
- Support the firm's client relationship management software, record business development activities, maintain accurate contact records, project management and assist with client reporting.
- Provide administrative support with client pitches.
- Assist with the coordination of client events.
- Set up and coordinate new clients and matters using the matter planning tools.
- Provide administrative support with matter financials, assisting with the monthly billing process: creating and amending billing narratives and drafting/finalising bills.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- Ideally at least one years' experience in a similar role within a law firm (we are also open to finance, accounting or other professional services firms)
- A high level of skill and accuracy with software including Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), DocCorp and any other document management software utilised by the firm.
- The ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion email Jen Dobbie, Talent Acquisition Adviser at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend