Systems Engineer HR Applications (Sydney)
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
For more insight on what it's like to work at Allens, check out our 'This is Allens' profiles and our Allens Confidential podcast.
Our IT Department is looking for an experienced Human Resources (HR) Applications Engineer who understands business requirements and transforms them into appropriate technical solutions. The HR Applications Engineer plans, designs and implements new technologies as well as ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the current in-house systems in order to deliver a consistent and available service to the Firm and maximise the benefit of its investment.
You are also a technical subject matter expert in the Learning Management System (LMS) in use at the firm (currently Cornerstone Saba), and will perform second level support, liaise with the vendor for all level three support cases, and provide advice to LMS Administrators on the use of advanced functionality.
This role will also engage with HR stakeholders to assist with all technical aspects of the HR applications portfolio. This scope of work can range from escalated support, multi-tier on premises application and cloud\SaaS system administration, vendor management, application/module upgrades, creating reports, scripting or developing automations, integrations and workflows.
This is permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm. As the owner of various systems, you will be expected to perform out-of-hours maintenance and critical support when required.
Whilst this is an operational role supporting and maintaining HR applications and systems, it also involves a large component of project work transitioning older HR applications to the latest offerings in the market.
Any previous experience working with Human Resources IT systems will be highly regarded.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Significant relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience with Learning Management Systems such as Saba
- Experience with HR applications such as Workday, PageUp, Chris21
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge will be looked upon favourably.
- Experience with scripting languages (eg PowerShell) or development IDEs (Visual Studio).
- Experience with reporting and statistics suites e.g. Power BI
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a changing environment, team player, detail oriented, logical thinker with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with or escalate them
- Completing projects and tasks within agreed criteria and timeframes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to write effective documentation and be willing to consistently share your knowledge
- Experience and understanding of systems support and administration, including patching, maintenance, and log monitoring
- Experience with Windows Server and supporting technologies such as AD,DNS,DHCP,GP
- Understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Prince2)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence will be well regarded
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of our high-performing IT team and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally.
You will be challenged, supported and guided and our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now".
If you would like to find out more about the role or the IT team, head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion email Jen Dobbie, Talent Acquisition Adviser at email@example.com.